Writers Madeleine D’Arcy and Kerri Ní Dochartaigh in conversation with Professor Sarah Moore Fitzgerald.
Under the spotlight will be Madeleine’s wonderful new collection called Liberty Terrace which features a bevvy of characters who reside in a fictional area of Cork City in the period 2016 to 2020. Her stories are described by Kevin Barry as funny and wry, pulsating with all the mad rude energies of life itself. Another urban setting, this time Derry, is the home town which inspired Kerri Ní Dochartaigh’s extraordinary THIN PLACES. In Thin Places, a mixture of memoir, history and nature writing, Kerri explores how nature kept her sane and helped her heal, how violence and poverty are never more than a stone’s throw from beauty and hope, and how we are, once again, allowing our borders to become hard, and terror to creep back in. Kerri asks us to reclaim our landscape through language and study, and remember that the land we fight over is much more than lines on a map. An intriguing conversation is promised here and one not to be missed.
Tickets : €10 Book Here
- The telephone number of the person booking will be used in the event of contact tracing.
- Please do not attend if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive.
- Arriving early is advisable to comply with safe social distancing
- Wearing of face masks is mandatory.
- Please use hand sanitiser at the entrance.
- Box office will close at 5pm the day of the event – All phone orders must be collected prior to this.
- There is a one way system in operation within the building.
- You will be directed to your seat by our front of house staff.
- Where possible use e-tickets displayed on your phone.